Administrative MattersCourse Learning Outcome
- We have 3 in-class exams and I will take the best 2 out of 3, each will constitute 15% of the total assessment. There is no make-up exam, regardless of reason. The first exam will be on Sep 27, the second on Oct 25 and the last one on Nov 22.
- For attendance, you are allowed to miss 2 classes. Every subsequent (the third, forth, etc.) class that you miss will cost 1% of the attendance unless with a valid reason such as medical reason or jury duty. Attendance will be taken at approximately 30 minutes after class start.
- Homework is on WebAssign. Our WebAssign course key is
ccny 2336 8801. See here for WebAssign registration instructions.
- Each quiz counts 2% toward the final assessment. We have roughly 7 quizzes so if you get 5 of them perfectly, you will get the maximal attainable score 10% for quizzes. Just like exam, there is no make-up for quiz.
Academic Calendar Adjustment
- No class on Monday Sep 4, Wednesday Sep 20, Friday Sep 22, Friday Sep 29, Monday Oct 9, and Friday Nov 24.
- Extra class on Tuesday Nov 21.
Course MaterialLecture notes
Summary of algebraic rules
Summary of rules for manipulating equation (set form) and (alternative form in textbook)
Basic mathematical notation and proper way to perform substitution
Drawing graph of polynomial functions
Spring 2017 final exam